Rev Counter To Megajolt

tractor

having problems getting rev counter to work from megajolt it is white wire going to double orange tried connecting both orange at same time and individually no joy so I have connected it to number 11 on edis rev counter moves but is a long way out any one got an idea

just been reading megajolt bumf again the tacho wire that came with it is a white wire joined to two orange wires looking at the mjlj plug terminal 7 says it is tacho out there is also 14 which says rev out seen another diagram which says orange wires go to coil 1 & 2 coils and white wire goes to tacho so do I conneact orange wires to 7 & 14 and then white wire to tacho

I`m pretty sure you have to set up your koso style clock up for the right number of cylinders etc?

Dont suppose you have reset it or drained the battery over winter?

(having said that my battery was off the car once for 4 months and it still had all the settings saved)

Andi

Have a look at the various instructions on digital speedos web site some might work depending on whats copied.

Mine will register off a wire wrapped around a spark plug lead.

Edited by ozz

Guest davidimurray

Any photos of your dash? I have a koso db02r and you can she the number of cylinders and pulses to get the re counter. What buttons are on the dash? On mine you have to hold down set and adj for 3 seconds to get into the setup menu.

Guest NantLladron

.....I have a zetec with megajolt and I bought the rev counter adaptation like previous post that connects to coil 1 & 2 ......but when I connect it to the rev counter I loose all spark......baffled

I didn't loose spark tacho stayed at zero at the moment I have wired it back to port 11 on edis it works but its not reading right according to tacho it idles at 2th rpm I have had laptop plugged in and that said 1th rpm

Edited by tractor