S7 Hood Frame

Guest Steve.G

Guest Steve.G

During the cars extended visit to RSJigtec the two frame bars for the hood have "disappeared" - was due to have the hood and doors fitted.

I think I was exceedingly lucky to get the hood, screens and fittings back judging by some of the very unhappy people collecting what remained of their cars/parts and searching in vein round the factory for missing bits last week.

Where would I get replacements for these and "instructions" on how they are fitted ?

Cheers

Steve G.

Have you got the hood made? Is it a Jigtec hood, or a RH one?

If you have the hood then best thing to do is fit it, and play with coat-hanger wire underneath it to get a basic shape. Then decide where to pivot it. And then get some tube and a tube bender. Mine (self made) is 12mm tube and bent with a plumbers pipe bender. The RH tubes are fatter than this, but they don't need to be.

Ant

Guest Steve.G

Ant

Thanks for the advice - I have done a fair bit of DIY plumbing and was wondering whether my pipebender would come in useful :p . I didn't intend to fit the hood myself but may decide to 'have a go'.

What sort of tube did you use ? I've seen the pictures of yours on the site - looks nice and taught though I'm not sure about the wide fringe :lol:

With the weather as it was over the last few weeks the priority of the hood slipped somewhat - open top for the summer :D . Looking at the driving rain today I'm not sure that was such a good thing <_< <_<.

The hood came with the car when I bought it - originally from PolyFacto.

Cheers

Steve G.

Guest chris brown

I used 15mm stainless water pipe from B&Q and bent it using a plumbers bending spring. It worked well and looks better than the RH ones which I also have

No they are of an earlier car, not sure which but the hood that came with them fitted a mk1 (replaced hood so had a bar already). I now have a 2B and the bars with that are wider so I guess they will fit yours. Just to clarify these are robin hood parts and they are painted with primer so not rusty.

Jez