Coventry Driving Roads

WallerZ

Hi All,

I'm wondering if anyone around Coventry knows of any good roads or a direction out of the city to go out and have a play/random drive on? I've been out near Meriden way and also around the lanes/A-roads around the M69. The ones I've found are quite good (just remembering where I have been is the hard part!) but I was wondering if there was a nice route to take with quite a few bends and fun driving rather than the straight line stuff.

Cheers

Zach

Edited by WallerZ

Yeah I think that's roughly where I went today :) Think I went as far across as Pailton and up towards Buckington...somewhere in that area anyway, touched Leicestershire briefly and thought I better start heading back after losing signs for Cov!

Guest Roy P

How far do you want to go, I would be interested in joining up. 1 head to Broadway, great fun up the hill, 2 head out to Burton Dasset, lovely views from the top by the tower, 3 head out to edge hill via Kineton, nice hill to run up and I want to try out the round tower pub

Yeah I think that's roughly where I went today :) Think I went as far across as Pailton and up towards Buckington...somewhere in that area anyway, touched Leicestershire briefly and thought I better start heading back after losing signs for Cov!

You are allowed into leicestershire we will let you in honist :) :) :)

First route I use is a quick 10miler, head out onto the A45 towards Rugby, hang a left just after the Texaco Garage (only 200yds) into Brandon Lane (nice quiet road). When you reach the end in Brandon go straight through village then take a right towards Bretford. From Bretford head towards Brinklow when you leave Brinklow turn right towards Ansty (great road), then you can either carry on to Ansty or turn left past the Rolls Royce factory and back to Cov. The second route is longer not sure how long go A45 again but take the A423 towards Princethorpe turn right onto the A445 toward Cubbingtion, after Cubbington turn left toward Western under Waverley/ Hunningham you have few choices which to go from here, you can go left B4453 to Princethorpe and then follow the Fosse back over the A45 to Bretford then your back on first run. You can head though Hunningham up to the Fosse B4455 then either head back to Princethorpe or head towards Southam most roads are good out this way. A longer route I sometimes use basically follows some of the above but I end up going through Southam across to Daventry and back up the A45. Have fun Jez.