Jaguar S Type 3.0 V6 Manual

Guest Mark Stanley

Guest Mark Stanley

I painted it black after I shot blasted it and left rubbers in. I did not know about fixing is solid? I drove it with the old pinto in before I striped the car for the jag engine everything was ok. The lsd was a quite fun

yeah its not a problem as such. My 2b still has the rubbers on the mounts. Its just easier i guess if its fixed solid but don't worry about it if its all together.

The other thing i did was weld the handbrake cable mounting angle iron between the subframe arms. This then bolts up through the floor and everything is then all fixed solid.

hth

Guest Mark Stanley

Centre brace cut out lowered and hoops bent a bit tighter to make way for the sump then a 40x40 steel across as a strong bump bar just in case.

Temporary Packer under the bonnet / ontop of the chassis rail is to rase the bonnet 50/60 mm. This is where I need to make my side sheets fit to

post-13081-0-59115200-1415918659_thumb.jpgpost-13081-0-56019900-1415918691_thumb.jpgpost-13081-0-74234600-1415918761_thumb.jpgpost-13081-0-66035800-1415918774_thumb.jpg

Guest Mark Stanley

Anyone know why the sub frame is fixed to the chassis on rubber mounts, then Next to the rubbers the sub frame is then bolted fixed solid to a plate that links to the trailing arm. The diff is bolted solid to the chassis also.

This means part of the sub frame is on rubbers and part of it is fixed solid. This can not be right can it?

Would it not be better to put the diff on a rubber mount , strengthen the flat plate that the sub frame bolts to and remove the fixing point that the tailing arm was joined to. For example how it was designed to be fitted to the sierra cosworth.