Gbs Pedal Box Assembly

Guest Dave Skirrow

Guest Dave Skirrow

I've recently bought the GBS pedal box and it didn't come with any instructions so I'm not sure I've put it together correctly. Kinda stuck on the accelerator but not 100% in the rest of it. Looks like there is a bush or something missing. Can anyone confirm if the clutch and brake are right, and how to accelerator fits?

20140419_122704_zps3bf80c14.jpg

clutch and brake are right the accelerator is separate you fit the throttle pedal to the brace see if I can find a picture I had same problem found it easier to keep original throttle pedal and just use the clutch and brake from gbs

Edited by tractor

because the pedal box is for the zero don't know why they advertise it as 2b the brace is useless it fits the zero and not a 2b mine needed a lot of alteration to get it to fit if you want a picture I will have to email you one as the site wont let me post a picture

Edited by tractor

Guest busby

Hi the accelerator pedal is not fitted on the same bar check out Richards L zero build blog some very good pictures

richards-gbs-zero.blogspot.com

Hope this helps Garry

Edited by busby

Guest Dave Skirrow

Cheers fellas, tractor if you could email a photo to me that would be much appreciated. Pretty baffled by it at the moment. I'll PM you my email address

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dave Skirrow

I spent several hours fitting the pedal box yesterday - turned out to be quite a big task.

Just working out how to secure cables and stuff now. Couple of questions for anyone in the know.

1 - Is there a better alternative to solderless nipples for securing throttle cable and clutch cables? I'm using little things that are for push bikes but they don't exactly look like a strong solution.

2 - How can I secure the clutch cable to the bracket - see the below photo (and before anyone comments the wood was just a mock up before transferring to steel!)

2014-04-28_1603.png

Guest Dave Skirrow

Cheers fellas, Richard, does the cable just stay in the bracket with the notch on it's own or is there something on the pedal facing side to secure it? Worries that the outer cable will come out of the bracket when foot comes off the clutch

You need to mod the top of the pedal to take an eye end I use aQCC1148 from a capri 1103 mmlong.

http://www.burtonpower.com/parts-by-category/transmission-clutch-wheels/clutch-cables/clutch-cable-capri-mk1-mk2-mk3-1-6-2-0-qcc1148.html

Otherwise you will cut cable with a bolt and just drilling pedal

See this

http://www.rhocar.or...attach_id=15932

Stephen

Edited by stevedohc2b

Guest Dave Skirrow

Cheers guys, not sure of the best way to go with this but I think there's a couple of options.

Do you use a clevis pin to hold the eye in? With the Capri cable?