First 'brown Trouser' Moment

David S

Took the car out to a show yesterday and the weather was really good. As I got back to Gloucester I could see it had been raining so I was taking it a little easier (only a little!). 1 mile form home is a big roundabout and going round that the back end went out :sorry:. It only went about 90 degrees and somehow I managed not to hit anything (no cars near by). Really brought it home how skittish these cars can be with rear wheel drive and around 160bhp!!! Got a thumbs up from a bloke walking nearby who witnessed it all!!

So that was my first, I really hope it is my last, unless it is on a track or airfield day!! Now off to Sketchley's!! :acute:

• Like 1

Guest Ian & Carole

Remember that wet drive back from Belgium to France a couple of years ago Ian?

Loads of potential brown alerts on that one.

With out a doubt I will NEVER forget that run Carole said afterwards that she was absolutely "Terrified" but didn't say any thing in case I lost sight of you rear lights, Strangely I watched the video of that the other day, I had forgotten how bad it was especially when it got dark. !!!!

Great trip though.

With out a doubt I will NEVER forget that run Carole said afterwards that she was absolutely "Terrified" but didn't say any thing in case I lost sight of you rear lights, Strangely I watched the video of that the other day, I had forgotten how bad it was especially when it got dark. !!!!

Great trip though.

just because I got fed up of sitting in convoy at 50 mph didnt mean you had to follow me then leave me and my poor little pinto struggling to keep up with you both at almost 3 digits in slightly damp conditions.

Guest Ian & Carole

just because I got fed up of sitting in convoy at 50 mph didnt mean you had to follow me then leave me and my poor little pinto struggling to keep up with you both at almost 3 digits in slightly damp conditions.

Slightly damp !!!!!!!!!!!

Great trip though.

You have a video of this event? It would be interesting to see just the highlights in order to know what you're talking about. :)

Simon.

Guest Ian & Carole

You have a video of this event? It would be interesting to see just the highlights in order to know what you're talking about. :)

Simon.

I have but it's 41 mins long and in 1080HD and have no idea how to upload that kind of file.

Hey David,

which roundabout was it? was it the one with the turn off to tewksbury? as i lost the back end of my bmw on that one and i wasn't even pushing it. I think there is something on the road on the exit. My bmw has traction control but i'm sure both wheels slid, so that didn't help, and i had to do a bit of steering into the skid. As i said wasn't too fast so thankfully didn't have an accident into the traffic on the other side of the road.

only lost the 2b back end once and that was putting my foot down as i went up and around a corner so the back end went light as i was putting down the power. rookie mistake. thankfully again was a controlled slide and recovered easily pleased at how the 2b breaks away as its not too sharp.

Hey David,

which roundabout was it? was it the one with the turn off to tewksbury? as i lost the back end of my bmw on that one and i wasn't even pushing it. I think there is something on the road on the exit. My bmw has traction control but i'm sure both wheels slid, so that didn't help, and i had to do a bit of steering into the skid. As i said wasn't too fast so thankfully didn't have an accident into the traffic on the other side of the road.

only lost the 2b back end once and that was putting my foot down as i went up and around a corner so the back end went light as i was putting down the power. rookie mistake. thankfully again was a controlled slide and recovered easily pleased at how the 2b breaks away as its not too sharp.

It was the one near Tesco in Brockworth.