A Huge Thanks To All On The Scottish Road Trip

Guest ickle

Guest ickle

Just a quick thanks to all that come along to the scottish road trip what a fantastic weekend with the best roads I have ever seen / driven and to be blessed with fantastic weather for those roads was just the icing on the cake. You will never meet such a fantastic bunch o guys whom just got stuck in when those little issues a rise I was unfortunately one whom had one of the issues with a stone smashing my windscreen just before inverness. Luckily I was wearing sunglasses or this could have been a different story. The guys just got stuck in picking out glass and making the car driveable again while I got the small cut cleaned up and covered...... thank you to every single one of you. Stuart.

IMG_15891638672841.jpeg

20140422_091522.jpg

Edited by ickle

Guest Tim Norman

Triplex replacement next. Ask Mower Mick his opinion of breaking screens!

Glad you are ok and it didn't dampen the trip too much.

Edited by Tim Norman

Guest mower man

Hi, never never never will I ride behind a triplex screen!!!!!!!!! ------------ why you ask ? ----- because 46 years ago I was involved in a very nasty rta as a rear seat passenger --- one [just one !!!!! ] of those little bits of glass centre shot my right eye ! result loss of that eye . Please guys think on ,why do motor sport regs specify laminated screens, ok ickle was wearing sun glasses which probably saved his sight , if nothing else please wear saftey glasses ,sun glasses even your normal spec are better than nothing but ultimately get a laminated screen fitted it will probably be cheaper than a triplex screen any way,take your screen out ,take it to your local glass merchant and get him to cut a 6mm laminated replacement to pattern i have had acouple done never more than £40 .If your only take notice of this one post of mine I'll be happy mowerman aka one eyed mick on another forum :acute: :acute: :acute: :acute: :sorry: about the rant and thanks Tim

Edited by mower man

Guest ickle

point taken.... my window frame heading just up the road to perth in the morning to have a laminated glass cut

the more i think about how lucky i was as there was lots of points that day i never had my glasses on

couldn't think about how i would feel if it had happened and i had a passenger

thanks stuart

Guest alfaGTA

Lucky lucky boy Stuart and a warning to others, I have only a fly screen and had to duck down behind it on that stretch of road to stop my face being shot blasted. Pity the chap pulling over to let us past thought he was doing us a favour but was actually throwing up alot of stones.

Was glad to help get you back on the road.