Wiring Loom Advice

Guest preeday

Guest preeday

Hi, I am swapping my sierra dash for some ETB guages and want to know if you can get some sort of wiring loom/connector so I can do the guage wiring and then plug direct into the existing sierra loom plug?

Any help, advice and photos will be appreciated!!

Cheers

Phil

may be wrong, but I think the sierra plug for the dash are for flexible printed circuit boards, and I have never seen a "socket" to fit them.

I think you will have to cut the ford plug of and fit another type, but you should be able to achieve what you want.

if you have the model of donar and the gauges you are putting in I may be able to come up with a diagram.

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone suggest what needs a relay and what doesn't. I'm going to be finishing the wiring loom at the end of July (away on work :( ) and want to ensure I have it all planned out ready for the 'off'. Im going to be buying new relays so need to spec out what ones I need ready :)

Thanks

Guest peter2b2002

none of the gauges need a relay only the horn and lights + fan heater fuel pump,need relays, i used 2 x 6 pin multi pin plugs from my local motorworld shop for all my gauges

peter2b

All my gauges are on a digidash so that's ok.

Fuel pump is a low consumption one from RH that goes with the ZX carbs they supplied. Running it straight from a fuse (think 3a).

Does the fan need a relay? Was going to do likewise as it's not got a switch but activated by the Thermistat located in the rad pipe. Would it have had one originally