Went To View An S7 Today. I Have A Few Questions

Guest A.B

My earlier comment was a bit extreme. I've had my kit for 12 years and its never been messed with when left unattended. There are a number of anti-theft devices out there. A hidden switch that disconnects the battery is a simple out of sight method. I've heard of people removing the distributor cap and taking it with them when parking and leaving the car. Lots of different methods.

Dave.

Edited by HAWKNORTH

Hidden switch if using an electric fuel pump which I guess you are, plus an electric cutoff switch.

Dont make my mistake.....dont run the starter cables through it....

I burnt mine out, then the alternator put out too many volts & cooked the ECU.....they were like

hens teeth to find.

It has got a fuel pump switch on the dash could always cut into it and add a hidden second I guess. I'm an electrician by trade, there are a lot of crimped push fittings! Is that standard practice as it looks a nightmare if a few pull out.

Guest mower man

After 12 years of parking it more less any where only used a battery cut out and the sierra column lock places parked inc town /villages in nothern France ,all over england only one had an issue with a numpty letting his snotty nosed oick slide down the full length swept wings a few choice words and the threat to call the police cured it .Sensible choice of where you park is one of the ways to ensure saftey ,I would sooner park on the street than a multi storie ,park it in easy veiw ,shows are no prob neither a race curcuits,theseare my ops others may not agree mower man :crazy:

Edited by mower man

I bought it! I was having a bacon sandwich wondering what to do with the day and got a text from the guy saying he'd got it going.. Fuel pick up needs looking at as when you drop one side of the tank it picks up. So it's possibly perished and curled up or something with the breather?

Once I drove it... I just had to have it

It's currently on the back of a recovery truck coming back!

Guest Ian & Carole

AB if you join the club there are fantastic discounts available in the members section that will get you back your membership fee in one shop for a battery and service parts.

I run a std Sierra battery on mine without issue.

With the sort of car we run it is worth making friend with a local, to you, Motor Factor who is prepared to hunt things down for you not the usual one who does every thing by Registration number as that won't work.

The guy I use lets me walk the part isles and look at all his books to try and find what I need.

Found a bit more info on the engine;

Head has been ported, polished & re worked by cylinder head developments although valves are standard, springs & cups are not. Bottom end has sbd big & bolts, sbd head g and bolts.

It's running an sbd 4-2-1 manifold & exhaust

Motronic ecu & everything listed at the start of the thread.

I've got a 207bhp print out from 9/4/11 and it's done just under 2k since then. So I need a full service kit & oil.

Any recommendations? What about power anything else I can do to squeeze a bit more?