Hi From A Complete N00B

Guest b3nny

Guest red-col

hi b3nny just want to say welcome to "club info" looks like you will have a car that has a personality all of its own weather is forecast as dry for saturday (so far) enjoy :) colin

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the receipt it is not a Lolocost round tube chassis but a "Locost" chassis made by RHSC. This will be the square tube chassis based on Ron Chapmans design.

I also think Lolocost was a lot earlier than 2006 in the history of Robin Hood. But as GBS have removed the "History" from their website I don't know now.

Robin Hood Engineering also run a company call British Monocoques around this time which turned out all sorts of chassis

Guest mower man

Hi b3nny I am deeply sorry if i put you into a downer it was not intentional but there are alot of badly/wrongly registered cars about and we in RHOCAR try to to look after new or potential members .CMA has done the research and every thing looks good ,certainly the spec is impressive and it should be a quick car and I hope you have many miles of fun motoring in it , once again my apologies mick [ mowerman] :sorry:

Guest b3nny

No problem at all people! And thanks for the welcome, I didn't take anything personally I know everybody was just looking out for me and what could of been a expensive mistake! I like the car that much I wasn't going to back out until until I knew for sure if it was legit or not, I'm so glad that I persevered and the out come was positive!

I will be gladly handing out my £15 later this evening, I feel it's the least I can do.

Massive thanks to all that contributed and especially Rob (cma) for all your help.

I'll be sure to get some pics when I return home and I know I will have plenty of questions as I can't leave anything alone 😃

Another point to note is that you now know that you need to treat the paperwork like gold dust as it's the proof that this car isn't a "wrong 'un". All the other indications are that the car isn't what it says it is so if you lose that paperwork then there's a good chance it will turn the car into a collection of parts with a fraction of the value.

As the questionable practices that we thought were going on here become more common and the authorities become aware they are likely to start cracking down on it themselves (the Land Rover world has seen this). It might not only be a prospective buyer that you need to be able to prove the history to - if you take it for an MOT (or it becomes subject to any other "official" inspection) and the inspector knows a little about Robin Hoods then you might well find yourself needing to prove what you've found out to avoid a similar fate for the car.

Iain

Guest b3nny

Very valid point, I keep all my car documents in one place and yet to lose any yet but as you say these need special treatment or the worse could happen...

Roll on Saturday!

The chassi was sold . Along with lots of other one off stuff and Richard Stewart's collection of oddities when he sold the company and it changed hands and became rhsc this was when the previous owners to the current Richard hall sole owners of the now GBSC became director though he did have a input to gbsc before the director shafted him allegedly of course . The chassi is pictured in the 2009 briucher which doubled as disc and lolocost sales mag

Hth

Mitch