To Big For 2B

Guest bigeein

Guest bigeein

Hi guys , 6ft 3 " . I want to own a 2b . Tried to fit in a zero and my knees were hitting the steering wheel.

I have also tried a 2b+ it was a bit better but not comfortable can you ajust the rake of the steering wheel up 2 to 3 " and drop the pedals , I also found the pedals close for my size 12's.

Help anyone , or the bubble is burst owning a kit car :0 ((

Hi I'm 6.1 (and a bit) and fit no probs in my 2b. Not sure about the zero but for my 2b i modified everything to fit where i wanted. As above you can choose thinner seats to get lower. Mod the pedals to get extra length in the leg and change where the steering wheel is mounted.

You might have to adjust the dash panel but the steering wheel can be moved up on the 2b as there is nothing to stop it. Will just need a new bracket.

everything is adjustable, normally a question of how big a hammer you need :)

Guest wargob

i'm 6"4 and my bro is 6"10 and he fits in both of my zeros, i don't think you gave it a proper try mate, did you move the seat back, your not even tall enough to need it all the way back.

Guest bigeein

2 of the lads on this forum let me sit in there cars today ( thanks Andy, John) . The zero seat was as far back as possible .

on the 2b+ it was better but to suit me I needed the steering wheel rake to go up and towards me also to drop the pedals and widen them . I'm interested to know if anyone else has done this and how they did it

I'm 6' 1" & 14+ stone -- Florin is our 2B+ fitted with Cobra 7 seats which are not fully back against the seat back panel for me. 13" steering wheel on Sierra adjustable column gives adjustment in rake & column length . The biggest problem once the car is built will be changing the pedals & increasing foot-room. Our foot well was made as wide as possible during the build ( even included a left foot rest -- clear of the clutch pedal) Both clutch & brake pedals are straightened & strengthened Sierra O.E.M The throttle pedal is mounted on the chassis rail to allow forward/backward positioning; the pedal end is behind the upright chassis member in the foot-well -- a rubbing plate allows shoe to slide along inside of body panel which is carpeted through-out. I have fitted inertia reel belts to allow freedom of movement for reaching dash switches & hand-brake is mounted on top of the tunnel.

My wife who is 5'3" can comfortably drive with the seat fully forward the only modification for her was an extension of the hand-brake lever.

David S sat in Florin at Prescott & remarked that the foot-well had as much room as his tin-top.

Edited by florin metal works

Tried to fit in a zero and my knees were hitting the steering wheel.

Cars would be built for owner. and for the Zero it will depend on the age and model of the chassis.

If the steering wheel was the only issue it can be re positioned on its mounts, or moved further out, the later chassis has this already.

there are alternative pedals available on request, and if this is still not enough there is a factory foot-well mod.

have you tried GT versions?

To be fair it will never be as big as a 2B, they were designed to take the Sierra seats and pedal boxes, so were never a tight squeeze

Edited by knights_templar

Guest bigeein

Thanks everyone for the help . It looks like I may have to bite the bulit here and start a build ,catered for my own specifications rather than buy a used car which is already on the road .

Its not what I want to do as im itching to get going but maybe the only option so I get exactly what I need and want .

I didnt build mine, brought it, wife drove it home as I didnt fit and sorted out back home. I am no engineer just adjusted pedals and loosened bolt on streering mount under the scuttle moved it up as high as possable may need to trim dash. Then put spacers on mount to move the column out. I am sure there would be a fellow hoody local to help out. If you budget can stretch to a zero be it gt or std you will be fine. If budget issue a 2b is still great fun, mine was and it was sliding pillar suspension and not wish bones.

In summary dont be put off if you dont fit at the time of purchase. I also have size 12 feet but wear narrow shoes for driving, big clunky trainers aee no good. Gbs have changed their pedal layout on the later zeros mine is an early one so brought new pedal arms from them which give a bit more space between pedals but still have not fitted them

Edited by unclechief