Leics To Fauld Explosion Crater Run 14/15 June (Which Ever Is Driest)

Andi

Some of these lanes I discovered the other week when getting lost in the kit and they are in a fantastic bit of countryside.

Now I dont pretend to remember every lane I got lost down but I have planned a route which covers most of the villages i went

through.

See here

http://goo.gl/maps/CNmW9

We should start off at the Field Head Hotel in Markfield Leics at 10.30 am and onwards to the destination of the Cock Inn in Hanbury

where we can have beer and food and for those interested in a short walk (less than 1/2 mile) you can get to the Fauld bomb crater

believed to be one of the biggest non nuclear explosions in the world after a munitions dump went up in a big bang during the last war.

WARNING.... Apparently there is still live ordinance lurking about so keep behind the signed pathways. The cars would be secure as the Wife

or I will be watching them (though if Kerry goes he might come back to find a pinto in his Hood :rofl: )

More info here.

http://www.helenlee....bury/fauld.html

Oh ...and as always weather permitting.

It is so schitzo at the moment though

Andi

Oh and did I mention some of the lanes can be somewhat challenging :crazy:

Edited by Andi

as its fathers day Kerry you should be able to do what you want

You would thinks so but every year that newark was on I had to be back home early morning or else! if 15th I wont be able to make it kids have booked dinner for me.