Got One Of These Last Week

May not seem much to some (wife included) but I dont know how I ever got on without one.

The last time I used one of these was to crush a penny at school during metal work........

which is exactly what I did as soon as I set it up...... Oh and lots more stuff that has been pending.

Only £17 from gumtree.. Bargain I reckon

post-2933-0-45407400-1402179295_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Best look for a new work-mate next, Andi.

Aaah! The trusty engine stand.

I think your right Guv.

I do have most tools you would ever need but a vice (decent one) is one thing I have never got round to getting.

Andi

Edited by Andi

an excellent find :)

A neighbour of mine gifted me one very similar to that, as it has seized. 5 mins with some WD40 and it was freed off

No scaffold pole either.

I tell a lie - after the vice had broken on a Sunday afternoon I used a length of scaffold pole to hold to hold it down whilst I went and got the breaker bar to undo the nut. Wish I'd done it that way in the first place.

I was removing the balljoints from a pair of Mini hubs for the GTM. I think someone has been there before me and done them up with a windy-gun because I've never come across a set as tight as those before. I was also surprised to find only one shim between the 4 balljoints.

Iain

Yes but yours is a welded steel one rather than cast so should be near indestructible. I was debating one of those from Machinemart when mine went but the bigger ones all have a swivel base which I don't want and they also don't do them with a quick release which I do want. I do keep thinking about one of those though for the bench on the other side of the workshop.

Iain