Cortina Front Subframe

flameredturbo

Which other kits use this subframe and the ugly pressed steel wishbones? Reason I ask is I'm looking into replacing my wishbones with tubular and maybe adjustable ones. I've seen a few how to guides but more interested in an off the shelf option, bit like the type of thing rally design sell for the locost and panther kits.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest micha_1

T&J Locust have used the cortina subrame...and there was also a tubular wishbone upgrade existing..

you can also check with the TVR guys..the Tasmin (Wedge) was using the cortina wishbones and some owners have made some tubular and/ or coilover conversions

My wifes Spartan is mkiv Cortina subframe. Looks like an awful lot of iron under it. I may be getting more familiar with it during the winter as some of the bushes are looking very tired so I guess I will replace the whole lot at once. Does anybody know if they would be available in poly versions?

Yep pretty much all Cortina bushes come in poly. Try burtons or poly bush direct. And if you are using the cortina rack with a small steering wheel don't poly bush the rack. It makes it too responsive and very jittery on the motorway.