Pinto Dizzy

Guest peter2b2002

Guest peter2b2002

faint hope but does any one have a dizzy for a pinto efi , the hall sensor in mine failed at taton park last week , so far called 3 car breakers near me , pinto? my dad had one yeas ago, another said haven't had a pinto for at least 6 years, .

or has any one fitted a after market contact less switch to a efi dizzy?

peter2b

try speaking to accuspark. their gear may fit .

theres a sierra breakers somewhere too ..birch bros rings a bell.

try locost and turbosports too.

or rip it out throw a accuspark dizzy in the forget about it

Guest garyfelton

Hi Pete, I have an electronic dizzy sitting in the Garage from a 1993 1.6 pinto, not sure if the internals are the same but welcome to have a look if you want. I'm just down the road from you in Shrewsbury. Gary

Odd that.

Hall sensors are non moving electronic sensors so shouldn't really fail.

Is it possible to replace that part with another hall sensor or perhaps some internal wiring has broken ? It could just need some gentle re-soldering ?

Not sure if it's feasible though. You might be able to get a replacement circuit board for the internal electronics. ?

Simon.

Guest peter2b2002

this is the 2nd one that has failed like u say being just a chip it shouldn't fail that often, the sensor and wires are molded in 1 piece

peter2b

Hmm,

If two have failed the same way, I suspect that the supply voltage may be getting some high voltage feedback which may be causing the sensors to fail prematurely.

What is the dizzy connected to ? An original Ford part or other ECU ?

Is the supply cable tie wrapped next to the HT leads? I would suggest separating these and routing HT separately to all other 12 volt and sensor wires.

Is the dizzy output passing along a properly shielded wire to the ECU. It could be picking up feedback through that and killing the sensor too.

Simon.

If all else fails. I recently came across these guys. Andy Windows needed a new diff for the cobra. Very helpful fellas. Dave who bought my 2b has used them too

Sierra'sR us

Email

Steboardman30@Gmail.com

There based in Chorley and Bolton sure they will post if not Pete give em ring I can collect and post on buddy

Mitch

Guest peter2b2002

cheers guys but i now have one from gazzaf just got to put it together also got a hall effect sensor off ebay dam thing is so small its hard to see only about 3mm sq but its rated from 4 -24 volt -5 to + 150 deg c also just found out i've won another on ebay but both have a vac system so i need to modify them

peter2b

Guest mower man

If you are really goosed I have a non vac electronic dizzy 2 wire hook up uses normal hi power coil free set of 8mm silicon leads £100 pm me mower man

Guest peter2b2002

great news just put in the 99p hall sensor big sparks from the coil just got to re time her fit my new wings ( i think i will carry the other dizzys as spares just in case)

peter2b