Silloth Vintage Show

Guest old AL

Guest old AL

Wondered if any of the North England or South Scotland lads might be going to Silloth show next Sunday 22nd (I think its on Saturday also) really nice venue, massive town green (must be one of the biggest in the country) mowed like a lawn !!!!! Its a beautiful setting with the main street on one side and the Solway Firth on the other. I've been in previous years, never pre-booked, just turned up, never been turned away. All the usual stuff, car's, m/bikes, steam engines, fun fair etc. I intend going, (on Sunday) weather dependant, I've no hood, and I am too old for getting soaked thank you !!!!! (my old, nearly 70 year old joints are bad enough now) :bad:

Guest old AL

O.K. Mark look forward to seeing you, be good to make an appearance, it might "drum up" some interest for some budding new blood, as 7 reps are few and far between in these parts they tend to be a bit of a novelty :clapping:

Guest old AL

Not as far as I know, it isn't a place I visit frequently,( about 16 miles from me) I do remember in the local press a while ago there had been some funds from somewhere, which were used to improve the green and surrounding area, what the improvements were I'm not sure. If there is anything being done with a narrow guage railway I'll let you know after Sunday