2.0L Zetec Running Rich

Guest b3nny

Guest b3nny

My black top seems to be running pretty rich, I had the plugs out at the weekend and they where pretty black and the white ceramic had cracked on 3 of them, is there anything I can do to try and lean it out or is it a case of getting it on a RR to see what's going on?

Although it's quick I dint think its running to its full potential, on a previous dyno sheet that a previous owner it had done it says,

Suspect choke stop

And big advice 36mm or 38mm would need to be jetted back down once replaced, could this be anything to do with the richness and the fact it seems sluggish once around the 100mph mark?

Guest b3nny

Just been doing some reading, I have a fuel pressure regulator and a electric fuel pump, the regulator is from CBS and is set to 3.5 on the dial is this to much, ove read that a pinto should run around 2.5 psi would this be the same for a zetec running 180bhp?

Guest b3nny

Indeed, much rather rich than lean, but to be it feels that because of it running right I'm losing performance on WOT and top end, 3.5 on the dial I assume is 3.5 psi? I'm thinking this maybe to high checking in mire fuel than needed giving me my black plugs and less performance?

Guest b3nny

From what was said on the last dyno print regarding the venturis, could it be that the ones fitted are causing it to run rich and this is why it was mentioned on the dyno report?

My zetec is on 45 webers and runs perfect. You will be getting 175bhp if is all is well and tuned correctly. Mine runs 36mm chokes and 140 mains. On 45 mm chokes and and 155 mains it ran 190bhp but was a pig on part throttle. It runs sweet as from. Tick over to redline. Check your carbs have 5 progression holes these are the only version of webers that run right on zetec.

Guest b3nny

Well the last dyno print out read 170bhp with bonnet ans gauzes fitted (now running itg filter), how can you tell if your I'm running 40 or 45, and where abouts are the progression holes?

Guest b3nny

Thanks for your input Dan, one thing I have noticed is that when I have removed the trumpets the part behind is embossed with 40, is this anything to do with the carb,ventruri or something else I'm yet to learn lol.