S7 Top Bushes

Guest A.B

How would I go about changing the top mount bushes on my front suspension?

I can't see any ID on the shocks other than bilstien to find the bush to replace it, I guess my other option is to remove it and measure it?

Do I need to compress the springs to unbolt them? Remove the nose cone ect.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated

54g8lg.jpg

2hf6m80.jpg

Guest robinj66

To remove the shocks you just need to undo and withdraw the mounting bolts. the coil overs should then come out as one unit. Measuring for the new bushes is probably advisable (I always intended to machine some new ones on the lathe (out of nylon bar) if mine needed replacing)

Not sure if you will need to remove the nose - mine was hinged so I didn't need to but on your car you might find access to the bottom mount is a bit awkward.

Thanks for that mower man! The car is almost back together with a few more bits... Just need to do this before the mot as I imagine it will fail on those bushes.

I didn't realise it's just an unbolt job no clamps or such

Afternoon! Thanks for the tips, I've got the shocks off. Kept the nose cone on, just a bit of a fiddle moving the oil cooler out of the way! What's the best way to remove the bush without damaging the shock? Also any tips getting them back in would be great.

Thanks

A.B