Parking On Private Roads

stevedohc2b

I've had one of these - Ignore it and don't send any sort of response. They'll keep writing to you and get progressively more threatening but there's very little they can do, they just rely on the letters looking legal and hope people cave in and pay up. If they take you to court they have to prove you agreed to an implied contract which is virtually impoossible to do. If you do start to correspond with them, they will start to turn up the heat because they know you're worried.

6 of us at work went out for a meal and parked in Aldi carpark for a couple of hours. We all got a parking charge notice. One bloke paid up immediately but the rest of us ignored all correspondance that was sent to us and after about 3 months they gave up and left us alone.

There's heaps of info about this on the net but this covers the main points:

http://www.thelawfor...-parking-charge

Edited by richyb66

went out for a meal at harvester which was on a big retail park my mate was driving the car parks were full so he parked it on double yellows had are meal came out to car and there was a ticket on it first thing my mate said was they can get stuffed I aint paying that and threw the ticket on the floor and we drove off he did tell me that he did receive a letter and he still told them to get stuffed so basically it not enforceable the people who own the land chance there arm on that most people will pay cos they think the ticket is a legal document and it isn't

Guest busby

My wife had a ticket of them just ignore it,do not reply to any letters,they will threaten you with court action ,just ignore they will give after about six months

Putting the boot on the other foot --- our small shop forecourt could hold 8 cars -- so only left 5 after staff arrived --- drivers would park & leave to walk into town a half mile away to avoid car-park charges. Luckily a side load fork lift truck was to hand & cars were carefully moved , generally to a position a few inches away from a lamp-post ;or for repeat offenders re-parked in the road about 3 foot from the kerb.

• Like 1

It's a con - you don't need to appeal. By appealing, you're effectively admitting the offense. Event if you were mad enough to appeal, this company is just ripping you a new one for doing something you can do youself.

They're just the same as the places that do your car tax online for you and charge an extra £40 ( http://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/chat/road-tax-scam-232137 ), or your driving license renewal.

• 1 month later...

Got a letter saying that they understand the frustration caused and it was not ther intention to cause undue worry and frustration. And as a goodwill gesture will cancel the charge due to an administration error.

So £16 well spent on appealing.

Stephen

Edited by stevedohc2b