Can Anyone Identify The Robin Hood Model I Have?

Pintogogo

Hi

I bought this robin hood with a 2.0L pinto fitted & I'm not sure as to which model it is, I think it is a 3A can anyone please help me identify it

Regard's

Harry

post-13153-0-37244500-1406053755_thumb.jpg

post-13153-0-56142300-1406053774_thumb.jpg

post-13153-0-43635400-1406053787_thumb.jpg

post-13153-0-88999400-1406053821_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pintogogo

Thanks for your help guys, It is much appreciated. It does have inboard front shocks but it had a badge on back with Sierra 7 on, I've looked at lots of pics n it looks like a 3A to me, I will try to see if there are any local meets in the North east n go along to try to get advice there as well

I am new to this n need to find out which model have as when my wife & me are in car it seems to hit the ground quite often n I think I will have to sort the rear springs out.

Harry

Edited by Pintogogo

It is an S7, the Series 3 and 3A have a wider body that covers the ends of the rear suspension beam, yours has covers:

post-347-0-38307200-1406061686_thumb.jpg

I have a pdf copy of the S7 build manual which might help you, there are some images of the front suspension. PM me with your e-mail address and I will send you a copy, it is 16MB in size.

The square block is the Sierra front subframe, it will have two lengths of angle bolted to the old engine mount bolt holes making the top wishbone mounts. Another clue as to if its a Mark one Sierra S7 is the return on the top of the side panels is deeper maybe 3inch as opposed to 2inch on later models.

Hello Harry normally it will have the standard sierra rear springs sitting in the cups in the trailing arm, and a standard sierra shock absorber leaning backwards to the rear of the car. If it is bottoming out it will probably have been modified to use a coilover shock and possibly the springs are a bit too soft.

On the Sierra Mk1 S7 if you think it is bottoming out, it may be actually part of the driveshaft hitting a small section of the body. This is easily trimmed to stop the problem, I did this on my mk1 S7 many years ago.

Can you see any evidence of scraping or impact on the driveshafts? If so I have a document somewhere to show what to do, Peter Bell also had a copy if I remember correctly.

I also fitted caravan spring assistors on my S7 to good effect to prevent this issue. New rear shocks also helped, and we're cheap.