Cancelling A Holiday Booking - What's The Law

agent_zed

Hi,

looking like i might have to cancel a holiday booking for a cabin in the south of france. We booked through http://campingboucanet.franceloc.fr/ but it seems you can't cancel.

It's a month away so it's not like its next week. Is there any law on cancelling? I wouldn't mind so much at losing a reasonable deposit but it's the entire cost which is over £400 which seems a bit much to me when they can easily rent it out within the time.

i can't find any mention on the site of cancellation terms which might be a good thing if we went to credit card company.

any thoughts?

thanks

Guest peter2b2002

i have tried to alter a booking my self 2 months away without any luck as well even though the details on their site says you can with a discount

peter2b

Unfortunately you are under contract with the supplier, and thus rely on the suppliers terms and conditions for cancellation terms. Only way out is if you can prove that the holiday isn't as described and thus the supplier is in breach of contract (not easy to do before the holiday).

Other option is to see if you can re sell on the holiday - worth checking with the supplier first though - say you want to give it to a friend to use.

what if they didn't supply a copy of the contract in English. I can't see a contract on the english version of the site?

Might actually be going now anyway but still would like to know. Does travel insurance cover cancellations?

Travel insurance can cover cancellations but again it's a matter of whether your reason for cancellation is covered under the contract you entered into.

A relative of mine had to cancel a holiday due to ill health within the time that the holiday outfit would return any money and her insurance paid out the full cost as ill health was covered. If the cancellation had been just down to something like I can't go because I'd miss the new episode of Doctor Who then the answer would be no.