Sierra Sticking Rear Drum

Guest b3nny

Guest b3nny

As the title suggests, got home from a boat today to find that my passenger side rear drum was making a funny noise then when reversing into the drive I could see light smoke appear from the area, both sides where hot as expected but the passenger side had abit of a smell to it which together with the smoke and noise I can only assume that the drum is sticking on?

So what would be the best cure/fix for this?

Yes, if you have to leave the car for any length of time, try and park with it in reverse gear and the handbrake off.

Reverse as it is the hardest to move the car as the engine will be the "brake" holding the car stationary. Best done if the car is on a flat level area.

Helps prevent the handbrake from seizing on.

Simon.

At present I don't have a Haynes, is there a pdf or guide anywhere on the net? The car only stands for a week at a time and has been used every weekend this year and this has only happend yesterday, do these drums have a tendency to stick on out of the blue like calipers?

I've played with calipers before but never drums as I'm still a young pup lol.