Time For A Change. (Or Not)

Guest Bazwaz

Guest Bazwaz

Having had a Robin Hood on the road for the last 18 years I've been thinking that perhaps it's time for a change. So what to get next?. Something a bit more 'normal'. Being looking at various cars.BMW z4, Porsche Boxster, Nissan 350z, Honda s2000. Any other suggestions welcome or if anyone has experience with these please comment. So with already having sold one of my motorbikes I'm tempted to put a for sale sign on the V8 at Donington just to test the waters so to speak. I'm in no rush so may even wait til next year. Hopefully I should have in the region of 9-10k to spend. Decisions, decisions.

none of the cars you mention will give you the feeling a kit car does ,elise will get you close.

but remember it will be a mainstream car and wont stand out like a 7 does. although probably more reliable and off the shelf parts .

im sticking with my kit though

I'm chuffed to bits with my Z3. It was a low owner 46k miler with loads of history, 2002 and only £4.4k. Lots of smiles for the money. I use it a lot more than the kit and it's been a nice change.......BUT I really do miss the rawness and sheer noisy grunt of the Hood, as well as the head turning nature of it.

I looked at Z4s and thought they were very bland...at least the Z3 is a bit more retro looking. Supposedly they don't drive or handle well but I disagree.

I nearly bought your V8 from Alan before you did and it's a terrific motor....be careful what you wish for as anything mainstream, even at your budget, could well be a serious anti climax.

Good luck, be interested to see what you end up with.