Mark Bruce Memorial Run - 2014

richardm6994

Just a thought on the route, as many of us will be Donington campers it really should be a circular one ? Even for non-campers I guess they don't really want to end up miles away in the wrong direction. :)

And not having camped there before, will there be any problem getting the cars back in to the site long after closing time ?

• Like 1

hi all, had a look at a route and thought the one that Rob(cma) has suggested is better than the one I came up with, so I think we should go with that,

the one he posted a link to (post no 40 on this topic)

it will probably be a nice steady drive, not really any fast roads, but the sight of a convoy of kit cars will be something to put a smile on everyones face, drivers, passengers and pedestrians, probably Mark as well,as he's looking down on us sipping a cup of tea, and hoping someone else's front wheel falls off, :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

anyway, you can check the route out, print a copy off if you want, or program it into your sat navs, Andrea will run a few copies off and we can hand them out if needed at Donnington,

remember it's £5.00 per car and all proceeds going to charity, lets make it a night to remember,

thanks again, Ivan :) :)

Admin Edit:

Route: https://goo.gl/maps/AjOuK

Edited by CMA
  • Like 3

looks good to me. just a couple of questions, how are we for parking when we get there? is it worth contacting the chip shop to let them know there will be a large group descending on them and finally are we planning a return route?

Limited parking in Matlock Bath, there is a decentish car park, but is usually rammed at a weekend.

Big Sainsbury's and a bigger car park in Matlock itself though.

If the chippie mentioned by Dan in Darley Dale is the destination then there's next to no parking there.

Yes limited parking, but I thought we could just take over the town and park anywhere, or the side streets at least, and yes considered contacting the chippy, once it's a definite choice, as for a return route,thought we could have a race back, 1st back gets the beers in,

Or just make our own way back, or if anyone has a route in mind

There's in excess of 20 people on this thread who've indicated that they're attending, plus no doubt more who will join on the day. Excellent support for this very worthwhile event - could this be the biggest convoy of cars in the clubs history?

I have to echo some of the the other comments on here though, parking looks like it could be a problem. It's not that easy to take over the town when spaces just aren't available and there's a good chance that people without local knowledge of the area will get separated from the main group.

I don't know the local area but is there any chance that that a local business with private parking might be approached to provide some parking in return for a bit of publicity? Few pictures and a write up in the local press?

If I go to Donnington, I may independently go on a little drive, on a route of my own choosing, when I fancy it and for no purpose other than the exercise of my rights of free movement over the highways.

Should a police officer determine that my presence on the public highway or in a public place constitutes a worry to him/her I will comply with all of his/her directions and assert the above intentions (should that be necessary) after I have left the area.

Whilst on the drive I may well think about many things including my fond memories of a past chairman of this club.

Anyone with any different ideas should consider the Public Order Act 1986 s11 and contact Nottinghamshire Constabulary within 6 days of their intention to engage in a public procession.

• Like 1

Right then, back to the drawing board, Unfortunately I don't know the area, so my knowledge of it is zero, so we need somewhere with enough space for 20 plus cars, and somewhere that can cater for us all, might be easier to forget the fish and chips and just have the drive out, possibly stop at a pub and raise a glass to Marks memory instead of a chip fork, I don't know any pubs around that area, but I'm sure someone does, they might even be able to serve food, I'm open to suggestions.

Guest mower man
:crazy: Numerous pubs close to where you ended orig route, too many to list all but there are acouple on the chesterfield road from chatsworth the first being the Robin hood and then further towards Chesterfield [2 miles ish ], The Highway man which is a Beefeater, Rob CMA may know more , the Highwayman has an enormous car park but both may be busy sat evening HTH mick Edited by mower man