Mark Bruce Memorial Run - 2014

richardm6994

If all you want is a destination rather than a chippy or pub to eat at then Carsington Water isn't far from Matlock/Matlock Bath and has a good parking area. Not sure if it gets locked up at night though. Or the Peak Outlet Village at Rowsley has a big car park too.

hi all, some good ideas mentioned, a lot of you seem to know the area quite well, is it possible for someone with local knowledge of Donnington / Matlock to come up with a route and destination and return route, as I'm struggling a little bit, of course i'll still collect donations and anything else to do on the day,

thanks Ivan

I'm still suggesting a 'circular' route of about an hour :) For the campers a 3-hr+ round trip to Matlock is quite an epic at that time of night and I suspect you may have already put off any Saturday-only attendees from the South from joining in ? But I will come along whatever :)

Guest mower man

We would probably go with th flow up to a food stop and then head off home to go back down to the show is great if you are camping but we would be nearer home than at donnington .My ops only ! and after all its not about us but to remember a very good and generous freind mick

Guest mower man

Addition to my last -- start at 4.30 run to carsington [ believe food is available ] get ourselves fed and then either back to donnington or home opinions ? mick