Advise Please For Iva Can Anyone See Anything That Could Fail

Guest Jonnyround2003

Guest Jonnyround2003

Thanks richyb66 for the diagrams all lights seam to be in the write places but the front indicators are too hight 400 mm can be no more than 350mm and then stick out to far .

Guest ollie chapman

Hi, for my two pennorth the IVA man needs to see the seat belt mounting bolt heads so he's satisfied they are the right tensile strength via the stamp on the head. This is a problem at floor level behind the seat. I failed on this and had to take out both of the seats, photo the bolt heads so I could show him on retest, and put the seats back in. I'll pm you my fail sheet, which was extensive.

Guest mdav1970

Indicators have to be on front wings ( i know as ive just had to do this for my fail), boot covers over the track rod arms, cover over front upper ball joint nut, locking washer on brake calipers or take as i did a bottle of thread lock. Wing mirrors are a likely fail for being too low down. Tester lays out obstacles at a distance behind to see if he can see them from the mirrors.

As above, but do you mean the indicator REPEATERS on the cycle wings? And the front indicators as per the previous posts.

I think you now need front, rear and side repeaters on the car and with only repeaters on the wings, it would not pass.

Wing mirrors need to be high enough to see over the high rear arch, true.

Please don't think I'm being picky - the IVA man is worse :)

Simon.

Guest mdav1970

Yes i believe you need to have side indicators. I originally put them on the rear arches thinking that was ok as you could see them clearly from the front or rear of the car, but that was too far back from the front of the car. So i have mounted them on the sides of the front cycle wings, ran the wires under the arches sticking them to it using a sealant, down the wing mountings using tie wraps, leaving enough wire to flex when the wheels are turned either direction, and through to the front nose cone, where i wired them into the front indicators. I used a high amp audio wire to do them as the wire is thinner and the 2 are paired together so makes it easier to run the wires as one.

I thought it was going to be a pain in the back side to do, took less than an hour and looks ok.