Seats And Runners For Sub K

Guest Brokey12

Guest Brokey12

Hi what have people done about seats and runners in there kits I currently have cobras bolted to the floor , which are no good as don't adjust what would people recommend and why ?

Hi my Car was built by GBS for the previous owner who I purchased it from S/H it is a 2b Superspec and they fitted Seats which the previous owner took out as he did not like them and fitted Leather Cobra's which are on Runners. Makes it a bit easier to get in and out and the Cobra's are very comfortable. Sadly its just something else for the MOT man to check that they slide properly and Lock into place. Would not like to have seats that were not adjustable. Good Luck. I think the Runners are from the Sierra Donor but not 100% sure.

Also think about the mounting of the seats through the floor, I used runners that came with the seats but the fixing holes down to the floor do not match the angle steel cross members on my Sub K.

So to stiffen up the seat mounting I used additional steel plates to tie the fixing location back to the cross members, it stiffened the seats up up nicely.

It is also covered in section 15 and 19 of the IVA manual where it shows some examples of "Load spreading plates"