Brake Pipe Thread

Guest chrispine

Guest chrispine

Hi, finally fed up with the brake lights only working occasionally off the mechanical switch, so am trying to fit one on brake pressure, as there are so many different threads does anyone know for certain what the threads are on the rear of the car? Got a set of Goodridge lines on it if that helps. Seem to be between M10 and M12 dies.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Guest chrispine

Have found, (while wiring fuel pump to a switch), a brake fluid junction beside the gearstick, could tap in there easily as the wiring uses the same route, looking like MI0 by 1?

Just measure over, say, 6 pitches (the more the better though) if it measures 6mm is 1mm pitch. If it measures 7.5mm is 1.25mm pitch.

As a rough rule of thumb, take the thread pitch from the thread Dia and this will give you the hole size.

Guest chrispine

The switch on mine is mounted at the top of the pedal arm just above the pivot, there is about 2mm movement to work the switch that is on a bent bracket to get it in the right position, very hit and miss.

Guest chrispine

Thanks Dan, ordered the parts a couple of hours ago, at least I'm making an effort to get them working properly, got more interest in the car now I have a reliable engine, plan C will be motorbike switch mounted under the dash with a spring to the pedal a la motorbike.

I have a floor mounted pedal too, so nowhere to mount a mechanical switch.

I had to fit a pressure switch, but it failed after 2 years. (from a local factors)

I got a replacement from CBS which is stiill OK after 5 years.

Mine was M10 x 1...but they do Imperial sizes too

http://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/hydraulic-stop-light-switch-m10x1

Guest chrispine

Parts ordered from CBS late Monday afternoon, arrived in the post Tuesday morning, (now that's good) all fitted, working and brakes bled Tuesday evening, for now I have working brake lights.