Twin 45's Running Rich

lockyer89

Guest clive5550

it sounds to me like something is breaking down under load it was the same as mine with my twin 40's when I had it in the garage running it ticked over and revved fine as soon as you took it out and made the engine work it popped and banged !. it sounds very much like air mixtures to me, if the garage are not ok with the Webbers you may be wasting your time and more importantly you money |

Sorry Clive, may have misunderstood, they were actually happy with the Webers. With a few adjustments to the chokes and venturi's, they were running much better. But like you say it was breaking down under load. They've actually still got the car and have got an auto electrician to give it a once over tomorrow morning. So hoping i will know more tomorrow! Will update.

You'll all be glad to know the problem was Spark Plugs!! :fool: As i said before the engine just seemed to like the well advanced ignition, this caused the spark plugs to burn out - but, we removed the plugs, tested each one and there was a spark on each (guessing they were breaking down under compression). I happened to take some old plugs with me and popped them in and bang we were away!

​Got it on the rolling road, got a relatively pleasing figure of 141 bhp. Few things to alter though, a less lairy cam, want to run a 270 degree cam instead of 300 as i'm loosing compression. Also a facet fuel pump and a filter king regulator. Then I am finished, ready for the winter!!! 8) This rebuild has only taken about 5 months more than expected!!

Guest mower man

If you want a less lairy cam look at Newmans ph 2 or 3 see my other posts for further details ,as for the fuel pump Facet do one that will suit your Weber and not need a reg mowerman :crazy: , the non vac dizzy is still avaiable

At the minute it's got the Kent FR33 installed which is a 300 degree cam, and as I've got the quaife vernier pulley, i was going to stick to Kent. I've actually got an FR21 at home, that's 262 deg inlet and 272 deg exhaust. But i think i'm going to go for the FR22 Cam with 272 deg inlet and 285 deg exhaust.

Why no need for a fuel reg? I assumed going for a pump you'd want a reg to go with... i assumed wrong!

Not looking to change dizzy for now, will contact in the future though! :drinks:

Guest mower man

Why no fuel reg ,thelittle facet pump pumps at if I recall correctly 1.5 to 4.5 psi max so its ideal for Webers which can be over come by too much pressure , so why have too much and have to use a regulator ? ,but remove or drill out the stupid fine filter on the pump and used a disposable plastic one I forget the part no but its a small cube pump , it ran my 2.1 with no probs[ 145hp ish ] .The dizzy is not going any where ,when your ready get in touch . mick :crazy:

Edited by mower man

want to run a 270 degree cam instead of 300 as i'm loosing compression.

I agree if you use a comp. tester a long duration cam will show less, but thats at starter cranking speed.

at the revs where the cam comes into its own, there will be no loss.