Ian Marr 2B Maiden Run

Guest red7

After more than a decade Ian's 2B is road legal. Let's celebrate Ian's build with a club run in the Yorkshire Dales. Ian lives near Bedale and a run into the Yorkshire Dales would be a great way to christen Made Marien, Ian's new wheels.

Edited by red7

Guest Ian Marr

Yeah ... Definitely up for that. Obviously need to sort the DVLA stuff before committing to a date. Just need to make sure I send the right forms. Still trying to work that one out!

• 1 month later...
Guest Ian Marr

Haha .. DVLA have come up trumps and I have my age related reg number and tax to go from tomorrow :-)

Already got the plates made up and fixed so a wee run to Masham maybe happening tomorrow. Still no screen, but cracking on with wipers etc. also ditched a few IVA temps. I think I will be up early!

Hi Ian, Jean & I have a flying lesson booked at Teesside Airport scheduled for 13.00 today. We could come out for a run afterwards, or you would both be welcome to come and see our take off and landing. It's only a 30 minute trial flight.

Guest Ian Marr

Nice ... Ally says "no way are you taking me as far as Teesside in it!" However, I am up for it and we are about to head out for a test run very soon ... So she might have changed her mind ... Either way, I'll aim to join you. Will take my phone put with me.

Guest Ian Marr

Car has had a few of the 14 years of cobwebs blown away with a couple of trips to Masham and one to Teesside international aerodrome. Feels solid (when not in the air) and running it in nicely at no more than 6000 rpm. Fan belt screech about occasionally, but all in all a very big smile - teeth firmly shut mind as no screen. IVA brillos in the exhaust exited stage right and are most likely half way to the moon by now. Next job ... Get intercom fitted to diminish marvellous but loud exhaust 'tone' and enable SWMBO to communicate ... Hummm on the other hand ....

Hopefully, Flight Captain Knaggs has some action on GoPro to share once edited.

If weather is okayish tomorrow probably heading up the dale for a Brymor Ice Cream ... Need to check the car will get over the speed humps!

Flight Captain Knaggs has a very stiff drink in his shaking hand after an exciting test flight with Squadron Leader Marr. I can report back the photo reconasance was a success. I'll do the edit and upload tomorrow whilst recovering from the evenings R&R. Thanks for the blast in the Hood mate.