Iva Fog Lamp Wiring 2014

brumster

Guest Ian Marr

I don't have the full words to hand, but as I read it (and assumably so do the inspectors) the wording talks of various options, getting increasing more complex, but so long as you meet the initial basic requirement you do not need to justify the other options.

By the way mine failed on fog light first time round, but just because it could be on when side lights were on. Switch needs a telltale light to indicate it is on.

If in doubt, ring the test centre

Guest snowy2

My cct uses relay yes but I dont think they add too much cost a pound or two at best. If your using sierrastalks they really need relays anyway.

I have a similar cct for anyone who uses savage switches. .

The IVA Does not reqire the fogs to be independently switched off. But it is simple to arrange.

Guest snowy2

Oops from my phone.......that was the one without foglights. But the first cct fog light relay is just added to the second....easy if anyone wants to know how.

When I said relatively expensive relays, I meant it.

£1 - £2 each when a suitable transistor is nearer 10p ?

The 4000 series CMOS ICs would work with a fluctuating DC supply (typical in cars) and may do the logic required, but again may be more costly than a dedicated circuit. As for PIC controllers, again considered but also fairly costly and overkill for the purpose.

As I have said, this is an on going project for another purpose and when completed would benefit all who are building their kits and who would like the ability to turn off (and stay off) the fog lights when main lights are turned off.

Once I have designed the circuit with adequate protection, I will let everyone know.

As the IVA stands at present, yes, it is not required. However, these rules are always changing and if the rules turn to MUST, then current modules that you purchase will probably increase in price :)

Simon.