Le Mans2015

Guest peter2b2002

Guest peter2b2002

Just had a look at the le mans web site ,120 Euros get you 1week entry +camping. Any one up for going to next years le mons either in a soft top or kit or mini bus

Peter2b

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
Guest peter2b2002

only 206 days to go, after the cock up last year i'm teaming up with a couple of my old mates down south ,don't know which car i,m taking but i will have a push bike on the back this time any others going?

peter2b

I went this year in the kit, and will be going next year too. Next year will probably be just me and my brother (he will be in his exige). We had one more in the convoy this year but would rather not have him along next year. Any one else???

• 2 months later...
Guest peter2b2002

update just booked 1st night in Manston Premier inn on the 9th June plan to get the tunnel mid morning on the 10th straight down to le mans but i'm camping at Castel Chateau de Chantleoup cost for 5 nights with elecy 190 euros but you get a bar, shop + resterant all mod cons , i have been told they run a bus to the race track which is about 10k away, i will be comming back on the monday 15th tunnel late pm and staying in the Whitstable Premier inn that night then an easy drive back to Cheshire , any one wants to meet up ?

peter2b

Guest 2b cruising

update just booked 1st night in Manston Premier inn on the 9th June plan to get the tunnel mid morning on the 10th straight down to le mans but i'm camping at Castel Chateau de Chantleoup cost for 5 nights with elecy 190 euros but you get a bar, shop + resterant all mod cons , i have been told they run a bus to the race track which is about 10k away, i will be comming back on the monday 15th tunnel late pm and staying in the Whitstable Premier inn that night then an easy drive back to Cheshire , any one wants to meet up ?

peter2b

Does this include track entry fees.

Hi Peter,

The Manston Premier Inn is about 10 mins from me, but unfortunately I will be away that week otherwise i'd have offered to meet up with you and show you the only Royal Harbour in the country in Ramsgate.

The Table Table restaraunt at the Premier Inn is not the best, the service is pretty dire to be honest.

There is a good curry house in Minster, (called the Minster Tandoori - original eh?), or a 'local' pub with semi decent pub grub. If you head down Tothill Street (downhill) into Minster, they are both about a mile down the hill, if you fancy stretching your legs after your drive.

Al

Guest peter2b2002

cheers for the offer ,shame your away would have been nice to look arround my old stamping ground, i use to live in Herne Bay for my first 16 years and my Dad worked as a fire man at Manston air field just after the last war ,i had flying and shooting lessons there when i was in the ATC, the camping price is only for the pitch and power. have a look at their site for more info looks nice

peter2b

• 4 weeks later...
Guest peter2b2002

just booked my tunnel trip just incase its rough at sea, nice lay in no rushing out @10:20 on the 10th back on the 15th @17:20 just in time for dinner at whitstable

just saving for a few euros

peter2b/z3

Peter (+ anyone else heading from North of the Dartford crossing),

Just to remind you that you cannot now pay cash at the Dartford crossing, they have removed the toll booths but not the tolls!!

You have until midnight the following day to pay or they send you greatly inflated charges! It's all done on number plate recognition now.

You can set up a pre-pay account or pre-pay for individual crossings.

More info here: https://www.gov.uk/pay-dartford-crossing-charge

Sorry if this going over old ground, but I'd hate to hear of anyone getting whacked for the excess charge.

If you are coming round the other way (M25 anti-clockwise), be aware that there are stealth speed cameras on the M25 between Clackett services and the M26 exit. The cameras are on both sides of the M25!!

They are painted grey and are mounted lower down on the support on some overhead gantries.