Covers

Guest Bob Rowell

Guest Bob Rowell

I'm looking for a timing belt cover for a pinto engine, can anyone help? Also if anyone has a chrome (or polished stainless) cam cover for sale I would be very interested. Cheers

Guest Battery Bill

Bob

We have one you can have for the postage :D

But dont tell anyone because if we gat a stone under our cambelt they will all say "Told You so" :lol: :lol:

It has happened before to people, and it will probably happen again at some point.

I have seen a car with a piece of sheet metal going from the bottom of the radiator under the chassis to somewhere round the engine mounts, and so it acts as an under tray. I reckon it's pretty unlikely to get a stone flying up intot he belt with that fitted.

That said, There's coolant hoses pretty close to the cam belt so I'd prefer the cover on for their sake. I also tend to find myself fiddling with things when the engine is running, so having a cover on the belt is a good idea for safety too.

Ant

The cambelt on any car ,is probably the most precious bit !!!!!!!!!!

guard it with your life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nargh - drive it with your life, guard it with a cam belt cover :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ant