Towing With A 2B

Knock-on

Cor blimey Guv, what a minefield.

I think I'm fine with everything as long as the Vin plate is correctly stamped and fixed to the chassis. I think I have all the roadside and max weights from SVA so can stamp it up OK and tow the Puck :)

Guest Ian & Carole

Cor blimey Guv, what a minefield.

I think I'm fine with everything as long as the Vin plate is correctly stamped and fixed to the chassis. I think I have all the roadside and max weights from SVA so can stamp it up OK and tow the Puck :)

Need pics now you know how :rofl: :rofl:

As long as your vehicle was registered before Aug 98 I think you could make up a suitable vin plate that would pass muster. Copy the ford or jag layout for the first six boxes. My declared weights for SVA were GVW 950Kg, front axle 400, rear 550. The original sierra was 1600/750/900kg. The sierra vin included GTW of 2950 so max 1350kg trailer which is 85% of GVW (no suprise there then). So you know you have the mechanicals to tow 1350kg. Is the chassis strong enough and heavy enough for 1350kg. No but it's reasonable to use the 85% figure or a slightly safer 80% of the Hoods weight for a braked trailer. So 760Kg giving GTW of 1710Kg.

Mine would look like this.

Nigel

post-21-0-58511000-1415146518_thumb.jpg

Edited by Longboarder

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...