Jag V6 3.0 Into My 2B

Guest david_l_perry

Guest david_l_perry

New Diff arrived last week and after cleaning it up, gave it a quick blast of paint and got it fitted over the weekend

128_zps5kwimb96.jpg

129_zpsdf1aezru.jpg

Just got back from a quick run out. Fantastic result

The 3.14 ratio is far closer to the original Jag Ratio of 3.0

Result is top drawer acceleration due to the huge torque and great top end cruising on the Mway - exactly what I was after. Very pleased

The Jag gearbox feels great, and this diff ratio just works a treat......Happy man

Guest 2b cruising

If the Jag used larger wheels as standard, that diff would now be closer than you think to the original.

Your acceleration must be mind blowing for a Robin Hood.

Good job all round and well done to you.

Enjoy it now.

• 1 month later...
Guest david_l_perry

Last major part of the build has been completed, and that's the return of the DVLA form showing the change of engine on my V5 from the Pinto to the Jag 3.0l

No real problem to get this.

All I sent over was a letter from the garage that carried out the MOT on the Hood just to confirm that the engine number matched the V5 of the Jaguar. The letter also noted that no obvious modification had been carried out to the engine.

I also sent over a copy of the Jaguar V5 and a copy of the MOT as proof of the garage used.

All that's left is little bits of tweaking....but that never ends

Loving the Smoother driving experience, masses of Torque and power on tap for fun....

Dave

• 3 weeks later...
Guest david_l_perry

Just picked up a pair of new larger exhaust silencers for the toy car

All stainless, 5" 127mm diameter and 675mm long

Had these made at a place near blackpool. £120 each - pretty good price for an all stainless can.

The car builder solutions ones I was going to get are identical size but £210 each plus shipping - and as I need two that would be £420.....ouch

These are not repack able, but its a price I was willing to pay.

Best part is they appear to have massively reduced the annoying overrun farting noise I was getting with the original smaller cans

Very pleased.

132_zpsqqwu5tik.jpg

130_zpscnvdzqbb.jpg

131_zps2mo5n8hq.jpg

133_zpsx7k1l3bx.jpg