Exhaust Manifold

Guest Soyabeann

Guest Soyabeann

Hi all, need a bit of advice. I'm planning on getting my 2b back on the road as it's been stood still for a few years and amongst many things the exhaust manifold has a few black spots around the welds and eh collector doesn't look too clever, I am wondering if heat wrap might be a tempory measure so that I can get it on a rolling road before having to fork out for a new manifold? Would love to put a new manifold on now but can't afford it and would like to get it running and tunned and sort the exhaust out next year. Cheers in advance

post-12448-0-01414400-1415386533_thumb.jpg

post-12448-0-81523200-1415386572_thumb.jpg

Guest Soyabeann

More concerned if it would effect the rolling road session, unsure if this would cause any problems when tuning with the exhaust leaking or back pressure, if not then I'll leave alone, don't want to turn up on the back foot as I'm sure there will be other issues and cost involved, so I'm just trying to get the basics done first, thanks for your response

Guest Soyabeann

Think I'll take my chances at the rolling road session..... There she blows!!

Anyone have any experience with a good tuning company and rolling road in the south west?

Guest Soyabeann

I'll have a look into them, travelling isn't a problem as I'd rather go somewhere that has a good reputation and Devon isn't too far from me, thanks for your info

I'd be interested to know what the tuner thinks of your 4-1 collector. To me it looks like it would be a place that would have a lot of turbulence as the reduction isn't smooth from what i can see as the collector is boxy with a central output to the single pipe, so there is an edge for the gases to hit.

should the collector be more cone shaped to get better flow? would that effect performance?

prepared to be completely wrong though as i am certainly no expert , just thinking out loud :)

Guest Soyabeann

I'm in two minds weather to get an new exhaust system before I go, had a quick look on the tiger website, and there manifold might do the trick, need to do a bit of measuring first, anyone know of another make, or dare I say it a custom made?

http://www.tigerracing.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=62&products_id=176