Going For Iva Soon

Guest Jonnyround2003

All your official paperwork should have been sent -- then you get your test date confirmed. ( As I Remember) On the day of test take EVERYTHING that you think MAY help get a pass -- ALL photos of build & receipts for parts & all details of donor. If it's not required its just taken a little time & space in lugging it down to IVA -- if short of something asked for -- maybe a fail.

Found the letter from VOSA ---sent to us on the 9th Feb 2011 --- test date 16th Feb @ 08.00

Have you received a test date letter??

Edited by florin metal works

Also take tools, edge trim, glue/Silicon, electrical wire clips tape scotchblock anything that you can to fix minor probs that may occure

We have fixed minors on the day and come away with a pass.

Self centering can be an issue, high front tyre pressure and a bit of toe out usualy sorts this

Guest davidimurray

Take lots of photos of all the hidden bits, you may also need the engine age letter, and if you have a digital speedo you need to show that it goes upto the speed your tyres are rated for.

I also found a pack of assorted mints went down well 8)

The speedo / tyre advise not truly correct

Tyres need to be rated for above vehicle max speed most put 120 mph

Most speedos are 140/150 or 180

I run a 140 speedo and put 120 on the max speed but tyres are rated H or W depending on what set

Guest tom-zero

I believe (from memory) H rated is 130 and W is more like 168. I have V rated which is very common in the standard size of 1955015 fitted to many zeros and rated to 149 mph. (Think I need to get out more lol)

Edit. Just noticed its a 2b so tyre size could be different to what I said

Edited by tom-zero