Brake Bias Bar Issue Before Iva

Guest danny88

Guest danny88

Hey guys,

My IVA test is booked for next week. I have a quick question. Just trying to sort out little things before the test. I have a OPB floor mounted pedal box in my 2b. It has an adjustable bias bar on the brakes with twin brake cylinders. One cylinder for front and one for the rear. I have set the bias bar in the middle. It has a nilock nut on each end. For iva purposes, does the bar need to be welded into place and how would I do this?Will just the two locknuts be suffice or is there anything else I can do?

Thanks,

Danny

I put split pins through the threaded shaft to prevent adjustment and it went through no problem. One thing you will need though is a sticker/ label (IVA) regs telling you not to adjust bias. This must be fitted close, mine was on tunnel in footwell.

HTH😊

my test station says adjuster should be drilled and lock wired.

setting the bar in the centre will give 50/50 braking which will fail, I cant remember the load split, off the top of my head, it will be in the manual.

are lock nuts locking the operation of the bias bar? that could inter-fear with balance.

agree with tazzzzman1 re label

Guest 2b cruising

Hi. Maybe if you know a friendly mot centre, they might help you set up bias on there brake roller before you lock it out. They should also know the front/rear balance figures.

Good luck with your IVA test.