Iva Norwich

Guest danny88

Guest danny88

Iva test tomorrow morning at the Norwich test centre....getting a bit nervous now!!! 3 and a half years of hard work and plenty of money spent...guess all I can say is wish me luck lol

Guest danny88

Thanks John! Best of luck with your build and I wil let you know how I get on....sometimes you just have to bite the bullet I guess as for the last six months I have been going round in circles trying to spot 'IVA FAILS'...guess you'll never really know unless you give it a go...

Guest Ian & Carole

Tomorrow the tester is your best friend, what ever he says goes, full stop, do not argue or try and put your point across, you will loose.

Always keep in mind that unless you get a 1st time pass you have to go back and see him again.

Take notes and do what he wants.

Treat it as a very strict MOT and you will be fine.

Guest danny88

What a day!! Really did enjoy the whole experience. Most annoying thing was when I went to drive my car this morning to the test station the speedo didn't work, so obviously that was a automatic failure before I even started, reckon it's a problem with the cable probably having too much of a tight bend... Without any decent time to really rectify this and knowing the car would fail off I drove...had dome serious fun in the car on the way there. The test station is only 10 minutes down the road, but what an enjoyable ten minutes...I arrived at the test station early and I was very nervous, but Dennis the tester at Norwich was spot on all the way through.

Dennis picked up on just 2 other very minor items I need to rectify before the retest...the front indicators needed moving up a inch and my chasis plate requires welding all the way round and not just both ends. That's it, passed emissions and the decibel test which I was worried about. Brake bias was all set up correctly and everything else went smoothly. Even though it's a fail, these items are so minor and I'm really pleased. Will hopefully only take a hour to sort, so have rebooked my retest for 1st December...:-) happy days!!

Guest Ian & Carole

:clapping: :clapping: :drinks: Brilliant news. :drinks: :clapping: :clapping:

Speedo cable must be a straight as possible or you will break it weekly.

Ours goes out of the box into the cabin along the floor just in front of my seat then gently up the side and then looped around behind the scuttle to the speedo.

Been like that now for 11 years with out issue.

HTHs

Edited by Ian & Carole

Guest danny88

Thanks everyone. Just got to wait for my retest date now. Hopefully it won't be chucking it down!

All fixes are done now so just got to wait for the date!! Happy days...

Honestly John it's really not that bad at all. I was dreading it but really enjoyed the experience. And from the pictures I have seen of the quality of your build you should have no problems at all. Can I just say your dash looks amazing!

Dennis is a top bloke

He said to us on several occations he's not here to fail people, he obviously can't pass the car if it's not to standard that's the point of the test.

It's an experience IVA, I've never been so concerned since exam time ( and that was a long time ago) and I have never been so elated.

I still gain great pleasure from people saying " nice car" and always responed " I built it"