Tintop Wheel Bearing Lasted 500Miles!

speedtripledan

hmm not overly pleased with eurocarparts myself. I bought some break pads but decided to return as was in a rush and bought some locally. Contacted ECP and arranged for return/refund. i paid return postage. bought in July only just got refund after 4 emails and a telephone call.

bought some wipers and a bulb this week for a 206cc using their website which demands you specify the car. Bulb was wrong and wiper was wrong.

no point returning more hassle than worth. i'll buy local next time

:(

Guest TerryBarry

Thanks agent_zed - can't wait for my wipers to be delivered tomorrow.

They are coming via UPS in brown van.

Will they fit - follow this exciting tale maybe tomorrow

Hums Dick Barton theme tune (Devil's Gallop)

For the younger ones amongst us

ha sorry hopefully yours will be correct. Although i will add that they might only be wrong as it could be that the wrong ones were fitted before.

It had 2 x 22inch blades before. But the website said it needed a 22inch and a 16inch. It's my girlfriends car so i didn't have it to check when i ordered so just went on what the site said it needed.

I think the 16inch will be way too short on either side so i've just replaced the 22inch on the drivers side. Which to be fair is working really nicely now.

Also ordered some stuff for my dads citreon c4 grand picasso but couldn't order antifreeze as it said it didn't have any for that car and when i removed the car it said i had to enter car details before it would allow a search. Aren't there only 3 types of antifreeze it is likely to be?

It seems something has changed because i was sure i could just search for stuff without being car specific?

having purchased a new cylinder head for my van I ordered a complete head gasket set for it from gaskets for classics the most important gasket is not right the head gasket when I rebuilt the engine last year I got everything from ecp the head gasket they supplied was the correct three layer crush gasket so I will be going to ecp for the head gasket

Over tightening of the bearing. Not necessarily by the action of tightening the nut either, but if there's corrosion in the bearing seat within the hub it won't be bottoming correctly. This would cause over tightening when refitting the nut.

Nick the hub was cleaned throughly before fitting and was spotless. This problem has been around now for 10000 miles it 1st presented as abs faults due to the sensor picking up off the bearing. There is something seriously a miss with it all. I.m swapping it all for 2nd hand on Saturday. If it destroys that then the fault is in the car not the hub etc we will see. Simon the suspension is fine, the car drives perfectly so not that

• Like 1

Guest 2b cruising

Does the hub free run ok after fitting the bearing. Try to run it on the axle stub before tightening and then again after it is tight. If it is tight running at any point there must be something either on the shaft, or in the hub interfering with the bearing fit.