Brake Servo Not Great...

Guest Phil_neast

Guest Phil_neast

Hi, I have an S7 that has a brake servo fitted but I suspect that as I am running fireblade carbs I am not generating enough vacuum as I only have one vacuum line from a single carb. I would like to enhance the brake performance but don't really want to cut and weld the manifold to add more inlets. Does anyone think a smaller servo would respond better, or perhaps an electric brake servo pump addition?

Thanks in advance

Phil.

Edited by Phil_neast

Guest 2b cruising

Way to go on this def updated m/cylinder. Any other option very costly.

Disconnect hydraulic pipes from servo unit and either put joiner in or repipe direct to new master cylinder. You could even leave servo on but might Get uneven brake pressure depending on state of vacuum available at time of braking.

Guest Phil_neast

Thanks for the advice guys. Looks like a change of master cylinder. Im going to look at a Ka, as this seems to be the one discussed most on the forum.

regards

Phil.

one trick i've read about is to drill the manifold and tap it to accept mig welder tips. You can then either connect all those pipes together or put pipes to a simple plenum chamber with single pipe out to smooth any pulsing.

I'd threadlock them too to seal them in and stop them vibrating out.

i assume you have to drill out the tips to get a bigger hole but that should be easy as they are only brass/copper

hth

• 2 weeks later...
Guest david_l_perry

Mine only had the one feed from one of the manifold intakes and worked fine. The connection was on the stainless manifold, not the carb body. It looked to have an inline valve in the pipe, but I can't be sure as I didn't fit it in the first place. Would be a lot simpler to add the right pipe, connection than change the brake setup I would have thought.