Zetec Reversed Rotation Water Pump

ivorbigun

Hi all not sure if this is the right place to post this so please move if required.

I'm at the moment trying to get some reversed pumps and impeller's manufactured which is fine,

what I do need is someone who can draw me a 3D cad drawing of the water pump pulley with the 5PK belt ribs on it, anyone who can help me? cad's like trying to talk Martian to me!!

I'm offering a free pulley and pump for the work! that is of course if the project comes to fruition.

also I've made a alternator mounting for the exhaust side which I'll try and get drawn an post on here.

cheers

Ivan

Edited by ivorbigun

Guest alfaGTA

Can't help with the CAD I'm afraid, reversed impellers for blacktop zetecs are available from ike engineering already and the silvertop zetec 1.8 water pump is already prime for rwd configuration and very cheap.....

these pumps are for the blacktop engine's.

I'm using one of the new crate engines in my build and want to make the belt route simple if I can achieve that and help others then I'll be a happy man.

the impeller that's already available is well over £80

if it comes off my impellers will workout at around £20 and the pump complete will be around £55 and their brand new!!

autocad is one of the many cad drawing programs currently used please have a go its beyond me!

thanks for your interest

Ivan

I had a crate engine which already came with the reverse direction water pump (Black in colour I think)

So I'm a little confused when you say you want a reverse direction pump as I thought that was already fitted. ? :unknw:

I would need some more info about the impeller though before I say yes to AutoCad. As said above though, there probably exist already a solution to your problem as alfaGTA suggests above.

Thanks,

Simon.

I had a crate engine which already came with the reverse direction water pump (Black in colour I think)

So I'm a little confused when you say you want a reverse direction pump as I thought that was already fitted. ? :unknw:

I would need some more info about the impeller though before I say yes to AutoCad. As said above though, there probably exist already a solution to your problem as alfaGTA suggests above.

Thanks,

Simon.

I think your getting confused between reversed and anticlockwise,

all blacktop pumps run anticlockwise I want mine to run clockwise so that I don't have an idler,

the use of this goes beyond the 7style market into any where someone wants to use a zetec in a rear wheel drive format.

I have heard that where people are racing with pintos at the moment they are changing the rules to zetec's as the pinto is getting scarce

thanks

Ivan

Give me some dimensions and i can do the 3D Cad work for you. Currently using Catia V5 and Rhinoceros but can output in most formats for you.

I'll try and make a rough sketch (and I mean rough) and post it up

cheers

Ivan

Guest alfaGTA

Would an actual physical impeller off a 1.8 zetec silver top water pump be any use? It is designed to run clockwise and i'm sure i have a spare somewhere.... How is the impeller fitted to the pump shaft? press fit? Do any other clockwise impeller's fit the blacktop pump without having to mill one from scratch?