Mx5 Steering Wheel

Guest ali2992

Guest ali2992

Hi,

Looking for a standard boring ol' steering wheel to use for the IVA as the donor car I used had an aftermarket momo monstrosity. Really not fussed on how it looks as its only going to be used to get me through the IVA (radius exemption zone and hardness sections are my main focus for it).

Cheaper the better!!

Side note, does it have to be an mx5 wheel or could it be any mass produced steering wheel?

Thanks

Alastair

Guest 2b cruising

Just had a very quick look on eBay and there are lots of them.

Try item number 161507690566 £38 free postage mk2.

251726802763 £40 free postage mk2

321591328359 £20 + £10 p&p

Hope this is useful to you.

Ken

Find some padding to go over the metal centre (assuming thats the type you have) i got an old Eunos centre cover and cut it to fit my steering wheel. I'll have a look for what I used but I think I binned it....did only cost £5 from ebay

This http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAZDA-MCX5-MK1-MONO-STEERING-WHEEL-COVER-/221617047125?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item339967c655

but cheaper.

Edited by WallerZ

Guest ali2992

Yeah breakers yard was my first thought, the one's round by me are rubbish though. The wheel off the donor was a wooden "classic" style wheel so the Eunos cover wouldn't fit, wondering if its worth just getting the steering wheel I'd use after IVA and putting trim on the edges etc.

Guest alfaGTA

That'll have been a wooden nardi steering wheel, fetch quite strong money! Have a look on the Facebook mx5 buy and sell page, quite a lot of wanted posts and cars being broken daily

• 2 weeks later...