The Skcc Dolomites Trip 2015

Guest boggybogstar

Guest boggybogstar

Folks

Some of you maybe interested in the SKCC megatrip being planned for next year, if you are then by all means contact me as soon as possible as I'm now taking payments for the crossings etc.

Having completed 4 mega trips now, to the Alps 3 times and the Pyrenees, some say we might have exhausted all the options - but next year we are heading down to the Dolomites for a week of driving spectacular passes and Cols.

The dates –

Friday 3rd July to Saturday 11th July

The Cost –

Up front I am collecting £200, this includes £156 Eurotunnel (yes they’ve put their prices up) and £20 for the first nights hotel in Nancy – the change goes into the Kitty for food/beer

The rest of the trip is using campsites, so you’ll need a tent – however previously we tend to arrive at the campsites and buy a log cabin for the night which works out about the same price per person as a ten – these are subject to availability on the actual day

Lunches - we normally use the “kitty” to nip round a supermarket and have lunch at the top of some picturesque mountain pass

Evening – we normally end up at a restaurant, which is normally at the campsite for the evening meal and drinkies

Normally these trips cost about a grand in total considering all the above plus fuel

The Itinerary –

Every day is planned as an ITN file that TomTom uses to direct you along the correct route, this has a major advantage because you don’t have to “keep up” or “wait for others”, you can drive at your own pace. Built into the ITNs are “stop” points so every 60 to 80 odd miles we all stop and re-group, the stop points are quite often at café’s (but not always)

I also produce a roadbook with a map – the map is no good to accurately navigate by but it gives a general idea of the route – some of us have spare TomToms so if you really want to join but don’t have one we should be able to arrange one from somewhere.

Some of you may have followed these trips on SKCC before and youll see how Awesome (I hate that word!!) they are, they are considerably social affairs because of the camping element and massive fun, the roads are what our cars are designed for!!

Day 1 – takes us from Calais to Nancy – 226 miles

Day 2 - takes us from Nancy – through the Vosges Mountains to Liechtenstein – 300 miles but 238 of these are on a motorway

Day 3 - takes us through Switzerland taking in a number of passes including the Umbrail, Stelvio and Bormio – 200 miles

Day 4 – takes us down into Italy through the Gavia, Manghen and Brocon passes (plus more) – 200 miles

Day 5 – takes us through the Dolomites from Mezzano to Venzone taking in loads more passes – 200 miles

Day 5 – looks like a scalextrix route, again about 7 or 8 passes – 190 miles

Day 6 – round and round the Dolomites again, about 8 passes in total today – 200 miles

Day 7 – heading back north, 2 mountain passes in the morning covering 87 miles then motorway up to Stuttgart – 226 miles

Day 8 – the long haul back to Calais from Stutgart using motorways

Let me know asap if everyone is interested

http://southernkitcars.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6271

theroute_zps10fae3d2.jpg

Guest 2b cruising

Same thing Stephen. My old bones won't take the punishment as I suffer from aches and pains as it is. If I go on a trip, I at least want time to see the fantastic sights this trip would give if a little more time was available to enjoy them.

Not to take it away from SKCC. I hope they all have a good time as someone has work really hard to organise all this. Well done.

Looks good but a lot of driving then a night in a tent, not a holiday more a test of endurance for car and driver.

Stephen

Guest tom-zero

It won't be this one Tony. But one day I will join skcc on a euro tour, be carefull in Switzerland they seem to hate motorists and will take your car and auction it off if your caught speeding ( I think if your around 20mph over ). Sounds like a cracking trip the Gavia is a fav of mine altho a bit narrow in places with little or no barriers lol.

I will post a link when I find it to videos of some of the trips I go on with my brother

Skip to 2:40 to see some fotage of the gavia Edited by tom-zero