Pinto Megajolt

Guest danny88

Guest danny88

Hi guys, I currently have a rs2000 pinto engine with twin 40 weber carbs on my Robin hood 2b. I was just wandering if megajolt systems made much difference at all? Do they increase power output etc? I noticed their are several maps you can get? Can anyone reccomend Which one would be the best? I also run a smiths tacho? How would I wire a megajolt unit to support it? Would it be exactly the same as if it had a primary and secondary coil?

Thanks, Danny

Edited by steamer

No ignition systems increases power but it can release the engines full potential

Distributors are linier with a vacuum operated sort of 3D add on

With Megajolt you can easily modify the cranking advance then set the idle once it's fired, the ramp from idle to peak can be set correctly

The rest of the 3D map is part load and overrun

The wiring is completely different to a coil and dizzy and you will need to fit a Triggerwheel and crank sensor, with a coil pack, I've run megajolt for years, it's so much more reliable than coil and dizzy and anytime you change something performance wise you can just remap