Dvla Frustration!

Guest danny88

Guest danny88

Hey guys, just wanted to rant about dvla a little bit! My kit car passed it's test over 3weeks, nearly 4 weeks ago and all paper work required was sent immediately to be allocated my registration etc. Everything was done through Paul Jepson, who has been great, so I know everything has been done right first time with no problems. I know its been around Christmas time, but surely this time of year they can't be overly busy in the kit car registration department! Well I'm still waiting for my reg to come through and it's getting a bit ridiculous to say the least. Just annoys me with how much it all costs then the time period you have to wait for them to pull their fingers out...

Fingers crossed there will be a few nice days I can drive it. Knowing my luck the day my registration comes will be the day we get the worst snow in 20 years lol....

Rant over.....

Guest Ian & Carole

Nothing new here though, busy department short of staff, no doubt.

It took them a month to transfer my private plate to our new car, costing us a month RFL.

The wait will be worth it though.

We had same problem October / November 2013 they even claimed had no paperwork so Dealer had to Courier copies to DVLA Swansea, then it all happened early January 2014. Very Frustrating but understood they DVLA were being downsized or Farmed out.

Have a Wonderful SAFE 2015 with your New TOY.

Strange because the private plate on the motor I have just bought was transferred over in less than two weeks and when I posted off my slip from the log book it was less than two weeks before I got the new log book back. When you factor in the time it has spent in the post that's not bad service. Credit where credits due! It is frustrating when you can't use a vehicle because you are waiting for paperwork though. Mind you today is not a good day to be on the road around here, I have already been out on the fire engine to three accidents passing a further one on the way and having a rather large opposite lock moment ourselves on black ice on a road we shouldn't have been on due to an incorrect address being given.