Pinto Head, Shocks And Top Mount Help

Guest m3wood

Hi

I'm looking for the following.

2.0 pinto unleaded head (preferably the injection head as I have heard they are better ported ?)

Rear shock coil overs with eyes both ends with between 14 to 16" extended length

Also I own an exmo and the front shocks are currently bolted solid to the top mounts with just a bearing to alloy twisting. So my concern is that there is no bushing what so ever to allow movement with limited space under the arms I am unable to find any car top mounts that will fit. Any ideas anyone ? / anyone got anything suitable ?

Kind regards

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just rebuulding the fron end on my Exmo and regards the front dampers....you are dead right, there is nothing allowed for angular movement....somehting I've just realised and remidied.....

Basically, there is a couple of degrees movement needed on the strut as it goes up and down it's travel.........I can only assume that the original design assumed the top of the butress would flex as the movement is minimal.

The problem I've had is that I reinforced my butress and so this took all of the flex out of it.......so when the damper was bolted solid....the only place it could flex was at the piston-rod seal...and over time this has now started leaking and why I'm having to replace them.

Rather than trying to explain what I've done to solve this, I'll post some photos tonight.....(I only finished machining the bits last night and have not photographed anything yet).

• Like 1

This is what I'm talking about.....I didn't bother with the bearing at the top as the damper rod spins nice and smoothly....

The rubber in the cup is being replaced with a proper piece arriving tomorrow: 42mm dia x 8mm thick.

This set up is nice and firm but with a bit of flex for the damper to change angle as it moves up and down.

I'm also going to put a nylon washer under the nut at the to of the damper....(not shown in the photos)

4337848D-4B86-4180-ABE6-F0BC17138808_zps8ydttaqo.jpg

52CD87FD-CF16-47FD-8C5E-2CDD0BDAA912_zpswq0fglxo.jpg

55050460-5031-4F53-8D07-B0961DC97E19_zpsbjyyzymi.jpg

FFC82B52-9231-4CDE-948F-5FE21231894E_zpsasovynvk.jpg

30CAEDCA-4DA3-4FE2-B11A-C92F84954F3D_zpsxpozvjhq.jpg

97D6937B-3ABA-4734-962E-30BD48EEC224_zpsjzmlepwh.jpg

3D8982B8-88BE-4D4F-B1AC-47A1B9E7AEC3_zpsjtfwz1g1.jpg

• Like 1

Guest Gargoil

Any chance you could put all of this info in to a reference file on here somewhere, Steamer?

I know we Exmo owners are going to need it at some point and to be honest, it all looks like gold to me.

:good:

BTW, sorry for the thread hijack, Matt

Edited by Gargoil