Advice On Mig Welding Kits

Guest david_l_perry

ah got me numbers wrong it was this one https://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/010112152 the 152 which for some reason is smaller than the 151?

a lot cheaper though.

How often do the vat free days come up as i could do with it soonish.

is the clarke made is italy? for some reason thought it was british.

Guest 2b cruising

Naught myself a new Italian one last week. Ordered a 160 mig inverter. The day after they told me none stock on that item. Asked if they had one near to it and I ended up parting with just another €40 and got an upgrade to an NX255, along with some freebies. Rods, wire, rod holder that didn't come as normal part of order. The duty rate sounds good but reliability is yet to be proved.

Watch this space when it arrives.

Anyone got a spare argon bottle.ive only got co2 and want to do a little bit of stainless now and again.

I'm ok with stick and mig, but never tried gas less. I might buy a small reel one day just to try it.

peer pressure, just say no! :)

ha

hmm well if the clarke welders are italian and the cheap amazon ones are italian maybe i'll just try a cheap one?

Not all apples are the same -- just 'cause it says APPLES

Look at the weight of the unit & the duty cycle/max amps--some welders have copper windings/some aluminium. Torches & umbilicals can be very light-weight.

A euro-torch is best but unlikely to be on the lower priced sets

Edited by florin metal works

Guest 2b cruising

My Italian welder arrived this afternoon. I am just about to order a larger sized disposable of argon for some stainless I want to weld. I am making a new grill for my car. Then I have quite a bit to do on one of my Marlins.

I will let you know how it goes once I have it all up and running. The grill is only lightweight stuff so no real test for high amperages. I will have a dig out and try finding some heavy guage mild steel to test it on.

Here's hoping I have not thrown money at a load of carp.