Where To Buy Hinges/fasteners Etc

Guest Tiger78

Guest Tiger78

Hi,

Looking to adapt my boot which is currently sealed and turn it into a boot I can actually use. Where do you guys buy things like hinges/ fasteners etc? There are a few on demon tweaks but what I would like is a box of assorted I can pick the closest match for. Looking to also replace a few other items also as required.

Thanks in advance

Guest Ian & Carole

Very individual choices here.

I used a stainless piano hinge from B&Q for the hinge and a barrel lock from a kit show with a home made clasp that turns under the rear most tube of the 2b chassis to secure it.

Guest 2b cruising

I have got 2 new spare ones I didn't fit on a Marlin I was rebuilding. You can have them for what they cost me plus postage. PM me if you want them.

Regards Ken.

Guest 2b cruising

I have spare Mini boot type. I think cost of mine will be uneconomical for you. I have looked under Mini boot hinges on ebay and they would only cost you £15 with postage. Mine cost me £18 + postage. You will also see what they look like.

The ones on my 2b are just standard but small brass hinges to avoid rust and don't rquire lubricating.

I would post you a picture but not learnt how to link it on this site yet.

Guest chris brown

It just didn't click with him Ian.

Further posting pictures make sure they are about 50k or less otherwise they won't work. There are several free image sizers on the net that do the job or use photo bucket.

I used a sheet of plastic/perspex whatever it is called from Ebay, mini hinges and stainless steel sheet for the hatch with a simple toolbox lock.

Have a look at http://www.rhocar.org/index.php?showtopic=38776&st=120#entry310769 which describes the process I followed.