Led Side Repeater Flasher Unit ?

Guest david_l_perry

Guest david_l_perry

Any body know if I need a separate flasher unit to run these as the rest of the lights are standard bulbs ?

Another one of the knock on effects of my engine change is that I am having to change the side repeaters for compact units that don't protrude through the bonnet as much.

Currently the existing standard units stick through the side bonnet about 50mm and will foul on the new pedal box assembly......

similar to this unit

0021307_crystal-side-repeaters.jpeg

So was going to simply swap them for some smaller protruding LED units

0023772_led-side-repeaters-indicators.jpeg

The LED units usually have the current limiting resistor built in for you so you don't have to worry about burning them out.

They will still only work one way round though. If they come with instructions, see if they specify 12 volt input. If so, they already have

the current limiting resistor built in.

Simon.

I used a special relay off ebay which you can run both types of lights works fine but had issue with single dash light. Was getting feedback through bulb so removed my lights till i get round to doing a new dash with left and right dash lights.

Standard 2 x 21watt + led requires no change to flasher unit -- change is only required when wattage is reduced by a large margin -- i:e when front or back or all indicator lamps are led. IMO

Agreed, that is what i run with no issue. The additional 2 side leds make almost no load difference to the standard relay, so almost no difference in flashing rate.